Grizzlor / Grizzler / Grizzer Haulers line of Trucks Operations Manual
Grizzlor / Grizzler / Grizzer Haulers line of Trucks Operations Manual
Grizzlor / Grizzler / Grizzer
Designed & Created by Moo Spyker
SCS ENABLED Spyker Combat System
Designed, Built, Textured and Scripted by: Moo Spyker
Lead Beta-tester: Samantha Glume
Additional Scripting by:
Arton Rotaru - Track/wheel animation code
Belshazaroth Fargis - Insane rotation math & other code functions
Documentation by: Samantha Glume
☍ Visit our shop:
Visit our website:
Thank you for your purchase of the Grizzlor line of heavy-duty off-road combat capable support vehicles. This line of vehicles was designed from the virtual ground up to be a fully featured transport for all of your large object transportation needs. Whether driving down a shady country road, eight lane interstate highway or a battle ravaged landscape, this heavy hauler will get your items where they are needed most!
"This vehicle has been in the works for 3 weeks and is an integral part of our new product line. Mesh has really opened up a galaxy of new possibilities in SL. This is by far one of the best creations I have ever made and there will be lots more to come!" -- Moo
Ⅰ. Feature List
Ⅱ. Technical Details
Ⅲ. Getting Started
Ⅳ. Controls (Driving & Weapons)
Ⅴ. Dialog Menu
Ⅵ. Fuel Cell System
Ⅶ. Trailer Hitch System
Ⅷ. Extras (MAKE SURE TO READ THIS ONE!)
Ⅸ. SCS Related Controls
X. Configuration Notecard Options
XI. SDK Notes
I. Feature List
✚ Next-gen SL mesh vehicle
✚ All new SCS scripting technology, extremely high texture quality, multi-sound phasing, advanced engines, and so much more…
✚ NO AVATAR ATTACHMENTS or HUDS of any kind!!!
✚ Completely operational in truck dashboard (multiple accurate displays) with rotating steering wheel
✚ some trailer models (sold separately) include an emergency backup battery
✚ connect/disconnect trailer via the truck cab
✚ 360° top-mounted machine gun turret (not available on all models)
╍ Turret elevation limiting
╍ 100% seamless Turret rotation controlled by one script
╍ Turret/Gunner rotation indicator in the mouselook built-in HUD
╍ 2nd seat for gunner
✚ 3rd seat for passenger
✚ Advanced Damage/Collision Detection System
╍ Sub health system, pieces break off where you actually shoot
╍ Each piece that can break off has its own internal health score
╍ vehicles take damage for crashing into each other or other objects
╍ Includes fire suppression system to save a burning vehicle from certain destruction
✚ All new cinematic destruction sequence
╍ Area affect splash damage
╍ Any remaining break off pieces blow off during the death sequence
✚ Realistic bullet effects (muzzle flash, spent shell casings etc.)
✚ Advanced/Basic driving control systems
✚ High/Low gearbox
✚ Fuel cell system (set fuel usage rate, steal fuel, recharge etc.)
✚ Realistic AMP meter shows actual battery usage
✚ Advanced Trailer hitch system (4 trailer styles to choose from and counting)
✚ Gesture fired Flares
╍ New SCS missiles will home in on flares!
✚ New missile target lock alarms. Acquiring, acquired & missile fired warnings
✚ Lots of clickable hatches, doors, flaps. Great for RP!
✚ Advanced horn (sounds for as long as you hold down the page up key)
✚ Lights! Head & taillights (headlights utilize the new spotlight feature in SL for amazing realism)
✚ The object is MOD! Make your modifications
✚ 4 FULL PERM texture sets (download and create your own textures in your favourite paint program)
II. Technical Details
☍ See our website for technical details on the SCS system: http://spykerenterprise.webs.com/scstechnical.htm
III. Getting Started
Drag one of the versions of your new truck from your inventory to a land parcel that allows object rezzing and jump in (right-click the vehicle and select sit)! Your camera view is automatically switched to mouselook and the driver door will close automatically if open (passenger door will also close upon passenger entry). You can now adjust your avatar’s height position using E/PageUp or C/PageDown. This will allow you to see out of the windows and dashboard easily. Tap W (or UpArrow) to start the engine (or use the appropriate gesture key) to allow driving. You can also do this when the vehicle is running with the new gesture system, check out the other notecard. The truck defaults to the advanced driving controls, which are highly recommended because it requires actual skill to pilot (See controls below). Take a bit of time getting used to the controls, and if you do not like the advanced method you can use the dialog menu to switch to the basic controls. If you wish to see the truck in a third person view simply exit mouselook (pressing M or the escape key usually does it). Click the main body of the truck to open up the dialog main menu and from here you can control a lot of the features (See Dialogue Menu section below).
When you are ready to get serious make sure you wear the included gestures, as they make controlling your new truck & all of the features much more enjoyable!
Select which driving mode you desire via the dialog menu (See the section on dialogue menu options below)
With Engine Off:
Tap E/PageUp: adjusts the pilot seat up
Tap D/PageDown: adjusts the pilot seat down
Tap W/UpArrow: start the vehicle engine (can also use gesture)
With Engine On:
Tap W/UpArrow: Change speed within your current gear to the next higher gear
Tap S/DownArrow: Change speed within your current gear to the next lower gear
Hold W/UpArrow: Apply full speed (if moving forward)/ Apply brake (if moving backward)
Hold S/DownArrow: Apply full speed (if moving backward)/ Apply brake (if moving forward)
Tap or Hold A/Left or D/Right Arrow: Steering (vehicle will not turn if it is not in motion)
Hold W/UpArrow: Drive Forward
Hold S/DownArrow: Drive Backwards
Tap or Hold A/Left & D/Right Arrow: Steering (vehicle will not turn if it is not in motion)
Applicable to Both Driving Control Modes:
Tap D/PageDown: Cycle High/Low gear
Hold D/PageDown: Toggle Overdrive
Tap/Hold E/PageUp: Activate horn
F2: Fire Flares (must be wearing gestures)
F4: activate fire suppression system (must be wearing gestures)
(otherwise you can type /1000 flare or smoke while inside the vehicle)
Gestures (see 'SCS Universal Gesture System' notecard for the full list)
Truck Specific Gestures:
Function1 (Shift+F5) - Attach Hitch
Function2 (Shift+F6) - Detach Hitch
V. Dialog Menu
Click the trucks main body while seated in the driver seat to open the dialog menu. Some options still work for the owner when your not inside the truck but you have to be standing near the vehicle.
Trailer Hitch -
➩ See section (VII. Trailer Hitch System)
This menu allows you to change the ride height of your trucks wheelbase. The choices are Low Height, Normal Height, High Height. Use the height adjustments to get unstuck, or when going over rough terrain to not hit the ground so much. There's also the option to Disable or Enable the dynamic suspension when the vehicle is moving (this can help on a laggy sim).
Allows you to switch camera views while driving the truck. Default sets the camera back to the original factory setting. Fixed is special as it locks the camera location to where your camera is currently facing. This is a great mode to use while attempting to mate with a trailer. The other camera modes should be pretty straightforward. You can also change the most common camera settings via gestures. See the section on gestures below.
➩ See section (VI. Fuel Cell System)
Control who can operate the truck, Public, Group, Owner Only.
This menu allows you to Enable/Disable/Reset the SCS combat system, control how they impact damage is handled & self-destructive vehicle.
✚ SCS On – Turns on the combat system
✚ SCS Off – Turns off the combat system (unless done immediately after rez, there is a 3 min. delay)
✚ SCS Reset – Resets the Spyker Combat System control scripts (SCS must be disabled first)
✚ Collide Off – Disables collision damage completely.
✚ Collide SCS – Enables collision damage for other SCS enabled objects/vehicles.
✚ Collide All – Enables collision damage for all objects/vehicles.
✚ Self-Destruct – Causes the vehicle to self-destruct after a short delay (owner only).
Customize – This menu allows you to customize the look of your vehicle. These settings are persistent and will remain as you set them the next time you rez the vehicle (you must save the vehicle to your inventory first course).
✚ Color Set – Opens a menu so you can select which texture set you want the truck to use.
– Green/Tan, Blue/Gray or Red/Tan – are texture presets ready for use. Clicking on one of these will instantly reconfigure your vehicle's paint job to one of the standard three themes.
– Custom – Is a blank set of simplified textures you can use to tint in SL or export the textures out and add decals etc. (All main textures are full perms). You may export any of the four included texture sets for modification in a external paint program.
✚ TextOn/TextOff – turn the driving display text (above the engine) on or off
✚ Mudflap On/Mudflap Off – show or hide the mudflaps over the wheels
✚ Bumper On/Bumper Off – sure hide the bumper grille at the front of the truck
User Guide – Opens up the manual on the Spyker Website.
✚ Start/Stop Engine. This will turn on or off the tanks engine. This can also be done by gestures. Stopping the engine will also allow you to realign your cockpit view.
allows you to switch between the Advanced or Basic driving control modes (See Controls section)
ControlHelp will say all the controls in local chat.
If you find yourself stuck on a hill, rapidly switch between low/high gears.
On/Off lights. If a trailer is attached it also turns the trailers lights on or off.
VI. Fuel Cell System
The all new fuel cell system will be used on ALL SCS vehicles from now on. This new line of SCS compatible combat vehicles is all electric powered by advanced Lipo cells. They use a realistic battery drain rate and slowly (or quickly, depending on your fuel cell settings) discharge and eventually have to be recharged! There are 3 ways to do this, Steal power from another vehicle, find a new Fuel Cell from a crate, or from a recharge station.
What the vehicle is doing effects the battery drain heavily and realistically. From a dead stop to full speed the amp drain is high to overcome inertia, slowly stepping through speeds will save power when needed. Going up hill will use up a lot more power and going down hill will actually recharge your cells a bit. Switching into low gear will greatly reduce the load on the motors and using overdrive will greatly increase the strain on the fuel cells.
From the dialog option you can set how the batteries are effected by your activities and the amp drain rate.
FuelCell - (dialog menu option)
✚ Realistic - 1-3 hours
✚ Normal - 30-60 minutes
✚ Fast - 20-30 minutes (this is a great option for everyday use or multi-sim battles)
✚ SuperFast - 5-10 minutes (this is a great option for close quarter battles)
✚ LockTrunk - only the vehicle owner can open the fuel cell protective covers.
✚ UnlockTruck -anyone can open the fuel cell protective covers, equalize the cells, recharge a cell or drain power from a cell to a portable fuel cell (carried by an avatar).
To recharge a fuel cell:
To refill one of the vehicle's fuel cells you will need to be wearing a portable Fuel Cell on your avatar (right-click on the fuel cell in inventory, and select ‘wear’ or ‘Use’). Stand close to the fuel cell you wish to recharge (make sure the fuel cell hatch is open) and click it. You should then see the power in your handheld fuel-cell drain as the vehicle cell charges. The cells have a visual percentage of power remaining on them.
To steal (drain) a fuel cell:
To take power from a vehicles fuel cell you will need to be wearing a portable fuel cell on your avatar (right-click on the fuel cell in inventory, and select ‘wear’ or ‘Use’). Stand close to the fuel cell you wish to discharge (make sure the fuel cell hatch is open) and click it for approximately half a second. You should then see the power in your handheld fuel-cell fill as the vehicle cell discharges. The cells have a visual percentage of power remaining on them. If the vehicle makes a ‘Kaglooom’ type noise you've held it too long. It may take a few attempts to get the hang of it. But eventually you will see your handheld fuel-cell fill.
To equalize all Fuel Cells in the vehicle:
To equalize all of the fuel cells in your vehicle simply click and hold any of the cells for approximately one second. You will then hear the ‘Kaglooom’ sound & see the power over all cells distributed evenly.
Note: a vehicle will not operate unless all cells have power. If you have a power failure, try equalizing the cells.
VII. Trailer Hitch System
Your truck is equipped with a full-size transport grade semi hitch. This allows you to connect to and pull any of the SCS semi compatible trailers. At the time of this truck's release, three different trailer styles are available. To connect to a trailer do the following:
Back the truck up to the trailer hitch. Your hitch has to be within 1 or 2 meters for it to work. Click the cab of the truck & select ‘ Trailer Hitch’from the dialogue menu. Then click ‘AttachHitch’ (or use the appropriate gesture key). If you are close enough the trailer will snap onto the trucks hitch. If not, try getting the truck closer. You can detach a trailer any time by selecting ‘DetachHitch ’(or use the appropriate gesture key). Doing so will cause the trailers front legs to lower. Click the ‘HitchHelp’ button for help instructions in local chat.
Most SCS vehicles will be equipped with a small trailer hitch. You can use this to realistically tow small items around. To tow the full-size trailers (that can carry 2 Sabre tanks at a time!) You need the Grizzlor or Grizzler vehicle! Additional trailers will most likely be released in the near future.
╍ The new SCS equipped vehicles have all been equipped with targeting lock sensors. This defence system will report (with a beeping sound) if a targeting system is attempting to lock on to the vehicle. The system also has missile launch detection (with a urgent beeping alarm) that signifies that an incoming missile is imminent. If you hear the urgent warning beep, fire one or more flares in an attempt to confuse the missile(s). Timing of the flare is crucial. If the missile is too far away the flare could expire and the missile could reacquire your vehicle. If you fire the flare too soon your vehicle may take damage from the exploding missile. Also be aware that you only have a limited supply of flares (they can be replenished at a defensive supply crate).
╍ When the vehicle takes damage the floating text colour phases are 90%/yellow, 75%/orange, 20%/red w/speed reduction
╍ When Overdrive is active, vehicle speed & any turret rotations are increased by approximately 50% with a large battery drain penalty
╍ If you have a hard time getting up hills Tap C/Page Down to switch to low or high gear
╍ If you find yourself stuck on a hill, rapidly switch between low/high gears.
See below under Configuration Notecard Options for making changes to the vehicle’s configuration notecard.
IX. SCS Controls
Read the main SCS config note card inside the vehicle for more details
While sitting in the vehicle type any of the following in local chat:
╍ SCS ON - "scs combat on", "scs on", "combat on"
╍ SCS OFF - "scs combat off", "scs off", "combat off"
╍ SCS RESET - "scs reset", "reload", "scs reload", "scs notecard"
╍ STATS - "stats", "scs stats", "scs info"
➡ or use the dialog menu from the vehicle
X. Configuration Notecard Options:
The configuration notecard allows you to change many aspects of your vehicle. See the SCS notecard for the entries common for all vehicles. Listed here are the entries specific to this vehicle type. Please note, changing some of these entries could be considered cheating in competitions so be sure to decide on a general set of rules for your engagement.
✚ By default the power cell hatch(s) is set to Owner Only on rez. You can change this default behaviour by changing the following notecard line;
Trunk;(Custom trunks starting value, TRUE = locked, FALSE = unlocked);TRUE
Changing this to FALSE will allow the vehicle to rez with the hatch unlocked. This is critical for group-based team play.
✚ By default the number of fire extinguisher charges is 2 or 3 depending on model. However, some believe that this is better reserved as a one time emergency use item. This notecard line allows you to set the number of charges you get from your fire extinguisher.
Fire Extinguisher;(How many uses the vehicle will start with);3
XI. SDK Notes:
Due to the evolving nature of the SCS 3.x system the SDK is not yet available. Any inquiries regarding the SDK or help with non-documented features/configurations should be directed to Moo Spyker. The SDK is scheduled to be released once all of the ground equipment is finalized.
☠ Please report any and all bugs right away to Moo Spyker!!! ☠
➜ Seriously people, I almost never get bug reports until I receive a IM "Hey why hasn't that bug been fixed?" because no one tells me about them!
╍ This lists all of the changes for each version released. This should allow you to make any necessary changes to your existing customized set up.
• Initial Release
• Corrected Initial release permissions errors
• removed erroneous scripts from explosion model
• Adjusted the scale of the vehicle to be 25.0% smaller than before (For lower prims while physical and everything was just to larger in general)
• Added start/stop to dialog for engine controls
• Fixed weight yet again to be more scaled
• Fixed broken camera button
• Privacy menu was triggered multiple times
• Machine gun can now be blown off (Grizzlor model)
• Fixed vehicle powering on without driver on fuel cell refill
• New SCS dialog options and self-destruct
• Added SCS 3.0 "Welcome to SCS 3.0" NoteCard to the package
• SCS 3.1 update (see notecard)
• New poseball security (no more floating text or clicking to sit, and lowered script memory considerably!)
• Brakes actually stop you now, even downhill.
• Re-ordered main menu (standard now with all vehicles)
• Added updated "Cargo FollowScript:v1.5"
• Fixed smoke grenade texture bug
• Fixed bug where you could start the engine from outside
• Tweaked suspension to avoid self detection
• Fixed sound errors
• Major camera bug fixes
• Added "Balance Cells" button in the FuelCell menu
• Added bullet drop on the machine guns
• Added SCS 3.2
- New death scene (All break-able pieces will blow off on death now, and randomly while on fire)
- New self-destruct sequence
- Added changes to support new supply box changes. (See Supply Pack notecard)
- New code and flares to support MISSILES! (Raptor)
• Fixed flare reload bug
• Added inherent velocity to all bullets
• Optimized the machine gun fire code a bit.
• Adjusted machine gun damage
• Machine gun now has less accuracy and range
• Added visual recoil to all machine guns
• Added more info to damage stats (top of notecard)
• Added SCS 3.3
• SCS AV METERS NOW WORK WITH EVERYTHING WOO!!
• Adjusted SCS bullet code to work with THE AV METER WOO!!
• Added another face for all bullets effects (Looks a lot better)
Anti-Lag Features (occurs under 35 sim FPS or 0.75 time dilation)
• Suspension disabled
• Wheel/Track animation timer event is lowered
• All bullet shell casing wont rez
• Added 2 health packs on the Grizzlor
• Added SCS 3.35 (Only vehicles with weapons got this update)
• You no longer have to wait before you jump in the vehicle on rez (fixed kill tracking errors)
• Bullets have mod permissions again
• Fixed major bullet damage code (Should be faster now)
• New Cargo Follow script update to work with Moo's new Untitled New Ship
• Added support for Samantha Glume's 3rd Party Skin Texture interface (Check it out under Customize > Color Set > 3rd Party)
• Trailers connected to the Grizzlor or Grizzler will now automatically match their current texture color scheme.
• Minor fix to trailer hitching problem
• Added complete traction system
• Wheels now spin based on engine RPM, not velocity
• Spin your tires going up hills
• Skid to a stop/down hills
• Also features all new wheel sounds (in the trailers to)
• Added normal and spec maps to ALL wheels & tracks
• Added new "Behind" camera view to all vehicles
• Improved all vehicles brakes
• Updated all help dialogs to be said directly to user, not in local
• High/Low gear now effects engine sound, added another higher RPM sound to all vehicles
• Smoothed out all wheel texture animations at low speeds
• Fixed small light menu bug
• Fixed particles coming on while in mid-air
• Re-Added support for Samantha Glume's 3rd Party Skin Texture interface (Check it out under Customize > Paint Jobs > 3rd Party)
• Fixed texture problem on semi truck frames
• Made trailers effect semi trucks torque settings, this improves handling GREATLY while pulling or pushing trailers
• Added trailer hitches to the Grizzer's
• Passenger chair on semi trucks now opens/closes the door on sit/unsit
• Changed all semi trucks window tint to be less black
• Added 3 function buttons in the dialog for the trailers
• Use the function buttons to control different things on each trailer such as the ramps or doors, or more in the future
• Minor New Features -
- New textures on Fuel Cells(Normals, Specular, Gloss maps).
- New rearranged driving text shows battery %.
- Added light emitted by shooting smoke/flares and scs fires.
- All SCS text is now synced up to Text dialog options, you can turn it all off now.
• Fixed Bugs / Tweaks -
- Removed "3rd Party" from color menu, Samantha Glume will be discontinuing her 3rd party skin's shortly.
- Adjusted "off ground" detection height, better driving performance now.
- Increased restitution, less bouncy while driving.
- Increased underwater performance from 10% to 25% (Possible to get out of water now in shallow areas).
- Adjusted differential wheel values.
- Fixed bug if you steered before engine start you wouldn't turn.
- Throttle and controls are now turned off on flipping over (Must flip back over to resume control).
- Decreased driving particle intensity.
- Reworked dialog menus.
- Minor additions to main SCS scripts.
• Specific to vehicles
- Reworked Guns.
- Added another effect face for muzzle flashes.
- Added smoke particles on all the barrels!
- Slowed down shell ejection effects to reduce lag.
- Machine gun's shoot a lot faster.
- Recoil code changed to make it smoother. (Gun's will continue to move even while recoiling now!)
- Tweaked ammo counts
- Made machine gun bullet chain disappear on empty on Sabre and Grizzlor.
- Made the container on Grizzler's move out of the way when its turned off so you can click on items in the bed.
- Upped click distance on semi trailers.